
Fabri: After nearly 4 years of really good fun we left Milan... the day was really hectic as we had packed all our flat and basically our life in 48 boxes and had to pack for the following 5 months traveling around the world. It was not easy to remember in which box the nice shirt was and whether the jumper should have been part of my life for the following weeks or lie in a box... but in the end we made it !!! and in just over 20 minutes the moving company cleared the flat !!! We handed over the house keys to our nice landlady and drove to Modena for the last minute appointment with my dentist, thinking it would have been wise to clear all problems in Europe rather than in Asia... my mum also prepared the best dishes for us as we are going to miss the tortellini for a short while and will have probably to do with rice and veggies !!!!
Simone: ... very tough to leave I have to say. Even if I hated the traffic (especially after coming home from a nice seaside weekend), the inefficient logistics (especially on Monday mornings at 6 am at Malpensa airport!!) and the fact that I am so far from home - I so much loved it!
It is tough to do things for the "last time". having caffe and brioche at our favorite bar, having pizza at la Piccola Ischia with our friends and sleeping in the OWN bed for the last time for 5 months ;-) Thanks god we had to rush so much, that there was hardly any time to think. But as hard as it was to leave - I also felt incredibly excited then for me this meant after 14 years I would go back home .. and travelling!!
No comments:
Post a Comment